Industries is a music project by Markus Hetheier. His music explores and subverts musical structures and ranges from field recordings, distorted sounds to harmonic melodies and large beats.
He is an electronic music producer, DJ, sound artist, workshop facilitator and practice-based PhD researcher at the School of Digital Arts (SODA).
- Air, May 2020.
- Reform, June 2020.
- A Walk, January 2021.
- Nacht der schönen Künste (Manufaktur der schönen Dinge, Saarbrücken, Germany): Offenes Feld, eine Reise, July 2015.
- Nacht der schönen Künste (Garelly-Haus, Saarbrücken, Germany): Gegenstille: Klang. Kunst. (Elektronische Heimfolkmusik), July 2017.
- Sounds From The Other City festival, May 2018.
- Your Stage (Contact, Moss Side Millennium Powerhouse, Manchester), June 2019.
- Festival of Music and Culture (The Ferret, Preston), July 2019.
- Refract:19 (Waterside Arts, Sale), July 2019.
- Chorlton Arts Festival (Unitarian Church, Chorlton), September 2019.
- RELAX (Waterside Arts, Sale), October 2019.
- Solo Gig (Automat, Saarbrücken, Germany), February 2020.
- Solo Gig (Haverne Hookah Lounge, Saarbrücken, Germany), February 2020.
- DJ Set (Stadtschenke a Choperia, Saarbrücken, Germany), February 2020.
- Live streams: concert & DJ set from home; digital concert presented by The Vale and DJ set for first ever Silver Pride UK.
Commissions and interdisciplinary collaborations
- Julia Stina Schmidt: I joined her collective SYND:IKAT creating blut/gebrandmarkt, a dance-sound performance.
- Volker Schütz: Hören und Sehen – Audiovisuelle Performance mit einem Oszilloskop, February 2019).
- Bella Probyn: Open Field, collage of poetry and image, January 2020.
- Bella Probyn: Birdsong. Ready for bed. Sun setting., audio-visual installation/commission for whatstick theatre using video submissions of people filming the landscape outside their window and talking during lockdown, May 2020.
- Volker Schütz and Johannes Maria-Schlorke: Monument artwork for Geisterspiel exhibition at Saarländisches Künstlerhaus, September 2020.
- Soundscape composition for Brighter Sound’s Soundpaths project that is part of Sick Festival’s MINDSCAPES programme, March 2021.
- As if radio… livestream of unedited A Walk jam and soundscape by Nevsky Perspective and me as part of a longer ecological radio broadcast in conjunction with COP26 in Glasgow, November 2021.
Symposiums and talks
- Symposium Klang und Identität (Sound and Identity), November 2014,
- Talk Queering Hip Hop. The Subversions of Race and Gender in Mykki Blanco’s Wavvy at Intersections conference at the Women & Gender library in Saarbrücken, Germany, June 2017
- Symposium Sound Studies, July 2017.
- Talk Between Anarchy and Particiption. DIY Culture in the Electronic Music Industry in Manchester. at The Present and Future of Electronic Music Conference at UCLan (Preston), November 2018.
Photograph by Rob Conroy.